Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Welcome to the Future

Two short stories.

We have this wonderful retired teacher who volunteers at out school. We tease back and forth because she is the only one I see using our reference materials. It is just so much easier going online for research. She was encouraging a 4th grade student to write a letter to student in Africa. The retired teacher told the student she mailed him the letter. He looked rather perplexed, and then stated he never got it. I had to laugh, because the student just assumed she was talking about Gmail.

I was working with some first graders and one student asked me what these were referring to the reference shelf. I thought for a moment and responded, they are kind of like Wikipedia. The first grader responded, "Oh, ok so you can look up stuff in it".

No comments:

Post a Comment