Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Takeout Night

You might be surprised how much data you have in the clouds. One feature I love about Google is Takeout. If you go to https://www.google.com/takeout/ there is a whole list of services you can backup to your computer.


I recently did this for both my work and personal Gmail accounts. As a heavy user this was several GB for each account. I was sent an email where I could download several 2 GB zip archives. while this does not include Gmail, it does include every other service.

Last year we had several staff retire. They had a very short time span to get their data. Most were concerned about email, but as you can see there is other data you may want to backup regularly. If you left MMSD on less friendly terms access to this data may be even more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment