Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Remote Desktop

Are you one of those teachers who can't get enough of work. You need access to your school shared drive or personal user space after hours. Well then remote desktop can help.

The first video demonstrates how to use remote desktop with a Windows computer. All you need to do is go to the staff only page and download and open the remote desktop script.

You will actually log in twice using your district B Number and password. On the first screen it must follow the format mmsd\bxxxxxx.


This will not work on a Mac or the Chromebook however. The Mac can follow the directions of the Chromebook except one will need to find a Remote Desktop app in the App Store.

What you will need to input directly is as follows;

Domain: ra.madison.k12.wi.us
Username: mmsd\bxxxxxx
Password: xxxxxxxx

* x of course is the your personal username and password.

So yes you heard correctly, remote desktop works on the Chromebook. If you don't believe me watch the video.


I found on my Samsung 3 Chromebook with 2 GB of ram full screen can be a bit slow but still functional. However, when I chose 800 X 600 Windows Server ran quite smoothly.

I know what you are thinking. This is all fine and all but I mainly use the iPad. The App Store has several remote desktop apps, and I got one working last night. RDesktop from the App Store was the one that worked best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment